Monday, March 17, 2008

Mumba! Mumba!

Remember me mentioning about the garden and pets in my house? Well, as usual I know most of you must be expecting it to be a big fat bluff. But think rationally for once, have I ever truly, ever been dishonest with any of u before? Now that you have the answer to that question, I believe you can kick back and read with assurance this post of mine.

Let me first introduce you to our little garden patch.


Now now now!! Before you say something sarcastic, SiewChin (I can imagine things like, "Soil only. . . sweat" and another million things that could come from you. . . ), we do have flowers we intend to put in, erm one way or another, u know!


See. . . Flowers, of all colours, all 5 (FIVE!!) of them. And we got vegetable seeds! I wanted to get some flower seeds but some Fern told me that, it might bloom only by the time I move out. Cher. . . .

The house is sometimes a bit too quiet, so I decided to get a dog just for the fun of it. But, erm, I better use 'although'. Although, the doggy I got is not really hyper, fun or does it do anything at all other than sit quietly all day long. . . (sigh. . . ) but hey, I bet it is cuter that most dogs in this neighbourhood with its forever-smiling-face.

There are times I look at his frozen-smiley-face and wonder if I can squeeze any Botox outta it.


This picture was taken during the Mumba Festival a week or so back. It was quite fun with a lot of arcades, games, soft toys, rides and fireworks. Although soft toys are a major soft spot of females, it was actually the male market which was targetted in this event. All fighting fate (of not winning) and out-witting tricks (of the games) and turning on the tap (as in money), just to impress the females. And when all attempts fail, it will be deemed for 'charity' (to sooth the EGO). The weather was real hot that night (the snowflakes print on my dress can be seriously misleading), so there was a heavy air of sweat mixed with masculine-ego - I could literally smell it.

But of course, regardles of all these, the main theme was to have fun with a bunch of nice people and contribute to charity (girls in effort, guys in financial). Just as every festival is meant to bring cheer and to have a happy ending - everyone, regardless of a night of victory or disappointment, was treated to a round of fireworks. So we lived happily ever after. . .




















Now, I might not be a very professional photographer but I managed to capture a very winter-sonata picture of my friend here called Daniel who doesn't look winter-sonata at all! Feel the emotion, the passion and whatever else he expressed - when he was about to sneeze. Hoohoo.

And here is the view from a hill-top from where we viewed the fireworks. It really seemed like a stadium view. One I am bound to see in 2009, with Teru singing his lungs out onstage and me crying my eyes out 100 metres away from him.
Mattresses seem to be multiplying and taking over our Marshall base lately! With a futon spread out in the living room and a sofa bed frame supporting another mattress and another bean bag, two stacked mattresses in each room (2x3 rooms), there is a total of 8 mattresses all over the house!

This here is WenJi's workstation while my workstation is. . . .

. . . in the kitchen! Why are we both so reluctant to be in our rooms? Weeellll, would you have liked being in a small cozy oven? Not even a microwave ok? An oven - as in you are slowly baked to perfection.

In fact it has been so hot here that, I suspect I'm getting minor sunburns on a daily basis. And to all you mean ones out there, even dark people can get sunburn ok? Just to prove how hot it is lately here, I am providing you an image as evidence. . . .

1) Check out the oily nose.

2) Check the flat flat hairline.

3) Check the frown.

4) Check the skin tone - can u imagine how blazed the sun was to make my skin tone this light?

This last part is really quite irrelevant but again. . . this is my blog, I do whatever I want!

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?