Monday, March 31, 2008

Manga geek~

What do you expect your first day in uni to be after a week long of good ol' Easter break and sunshine in Adelaide?

A butt-freezing, hungry night class 40 minutes away from home sweet home and a snivelling you with dishevelled hair.

And then stress confronts you with that nasty grin on its face as it dumps piles after piles of assignments on you.

So what do you do?

Cry in despair?

Blame the education system?

Scream at your tutor's face?

Resort to violence and punch yourself?

Luffy: So, what are you doing here?
Zombie 1: rotting
zombie 2: rotting
zombie 3: Yeah, me too

- One Piece


No. You laugh at all of them! Be simple-mindedly optimistic! Dun break too much of a sweat over it! Wear a straw hat and conquer the seas. . . ~


As you can see, I am REALLY influenced by One Piece~
Love the air or carelessness they conduct matters, the stubborn way they protect their principles, the blindness in chasing dreams, the funny way they express their friendship~

So now . .
I wanna be a PIRATE!


“I want MEAT!”
- Luffy, One Piece


Food is a gift from God. Spices are a gift from the devil. Looks like my food was too spicy for you.
- SanJi, One Piece
(This should apply to my beloved housemates who lurve spicy food)


Roronoa Zoro: Was that a bribe?
Luffy: Yup. [walks off]
Roronoa Zoro: Well, at least he's honest.
- One Piece

The seriousness of my commercialization project is really catching up on me. In a good way, I must say. Before this, I was only dealing with research projects, case studies, and so on. But this time, I am really working on a project with established scientists and business personnels. It has only been less than 2 months, but I feel like I have learnt so much. A lot of times, things get a bit intimidating and I get overwhelmed. But somehow, knowing that I am working on a project I am interested in, motivates me to make this project a reality. Or at least contribute to it.

Nankurunaisa.

This is some kinda phrase I learnt some time ago. I think it roughly means that, things will go well in the end so there is no need to worry.

I guess sometimes I am a bit too serious. Signs of aging, perhaps?
Okay, I shall reverse this aging process then!

Roronoa Zoro: I am always serious.
Nami: That's what makes you so stupid
- One Piece.
Although, I realize that life is not all about fun fun fun after 21 years, but I still think that I can inject fun into life. Fun dun always come running to me with open arms. Sometimes I have to drag it all the way from Geelong and tie it together with me!

Oh I really ought to sleep but I got caught up with reading manga/anime quotes, so here's a few!

"It's better to be free on earth than slaves in the heavens"
- Homura, Gensomaden Saiyuki.

"Stand up and walk forward."
- Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist.

"This is my way of being a ninja!"
- Naruto
(How can I miss this!)

"If you use your head, you won't get fat even if you eat sweets."
- L, Death Note

”Don’t talk about my height when I’m in pain...”
- Edward Elric, Full Metal Alchemist.

'"Muichimotsu." Maybe you've heard of it. It teaches us to live without attachment. But is it right to throw everything away to live? I thought I'd gotten this far with my own interpretation of it. Then I realized something. More than anything, I've been bound by "Muichimotsu."' ~Sanzo, Saiyuki.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?