Saturday, April 5, 2008

Weight and wind

I have a bit of a weight issue lately, which bounced from one extreme to the other, in a mere period of a 4 days.


It all started on a supposingly windy Wednesday with few showers here in Melby. Being the kiasi I am, I bundled up on clothes becoming the walking dumpling of the day. All was well, until we stepped out of the lecture hall after 4 fun hours of lecture on alienic subject matters to be greeted by (!!) a giant bundle of. . . shrub with huge branches?

After a second or two of evaluation it was clearly, the top of a tree. A huge tree. Which had fallen down. Less than 10 metres and 5 walls away from a sleepy-me inside the lecture hall. It was wild to assume that the wind did this. Until I walked out into the open area, in an attempt to get some food off campus centre, I realized- - - - I was actually being blown away! Not exaggerating here, I could not stand properly or walk straight and it was like the battle with nature for survival (in the name of food)! Okay, I exaggerated a bit but it was seriously, almost that bad!

This is one of the fallen-trees that blocked my path. You must be thinking, "Wah, such a small branch. . . ", but you will regret this. . .

This whole giant was uprooted. Literally uprooted.

But almost everyone thought that I was being over-dramatic and exaggerative about this wind-thing (130 km/hr, FYI!) for when I told my Dad who ngam-ngam called me at that time. . .

Me: Wah, today the wind was sooooo strong I almost got blown away!

Dad: Really? It is raining here as well.

Sweat. It is different, my Dad!

It was really quite serious, for one of the buildings was evacuated due to a false alarm, multiple power outages throughout Melby (including my place), fire engines with its alarm blasting here and there, and accidents causing losses and lives all over the news. Being the scaredy -cats we are, (me and WenJi), we met with a number of really scary moments and lived through it bravely that very nite.
  1. I came home to a very dark house and luckily fell asleep on the couch before it became real dark. Then Miss WenJi called me, and in the middle of a leisure conversation, there were screams and shrieks over the phone. It could have been only a 10 scare-factor in real time, but over the phone and to a half-asleep person, the scare-factor could easily propel up to 100000 times of that. Apparently, the small signboard of a bank got blown down to the ground very near her!

  2. Had to resort to candles which were red. Red candles. Isn't that scary enough by itself?


  3. Had to shower with a red candle in front of a huge mirror. Scary?
  4. The square-opening-thing on the ceiling of the bathroom was tilted open. To which WenJi said, "Either it is caused by the wind, or someone climbed in." I nearly passed out.

  5. The howling of the wind and the nothingness in the darkness outside.
I wanted to wait till the power recovers before I shower, but then WenJi said it won't return that quickly so I should give up and get off my butt. I pleaded for another 10 minutes. But under continuous pressure I gave in and had to shower in fear and shiver in coldness. Then rite. Then rite. Then rite. As soon as I stepped out, I saw the lights coming on. Triple sweat.
Seems like the training I had, the intensive training, I had back in Sandakan for power outage is still not enough. Hmmm. . . .
Given the notion that I was almost blown away on that day, somehow reassured or reinforced the assumption (which has been secretly living inside of me for quite some time) that I was seriously damn skinny and underweight on the following day. Stop laughing.

So wat ensued were days filled with muffins, chocolate bars, lasagne and a very heavy dinner on most nights. Last night was particularly crazy as we had a mini house-warming party which was super nice with a lot of nice people~ to which I will elaborate next time! (PS: We had Rummy, Mahjong, Poker, wine, and so on!). I ate so much, that it is not even a matter of being proud of it or not! I actuallly felt sick and bloated until this very morning!

(This is what I had for breakfast this morning - all those fried wantan, apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and mocha cheesecake courtesy of my Uncle Tan)

Suddenly images like these came to my mind. . .

(My cute-Lowena and Mum - giving a visual demonstration of the word 'gluttony')

Do I wanna become like these eating-monsters? Is that what you want? To be like Lowena? (Happy 25th birthday by the way, ha ha Miss I'm-So-Happy-Cos-I-Am-Still-18-Years-Old. Is this present enough for u?)

No. For I have a mission.

How am I gonna fit into my skin-tight Kakashi ninja wear if I am to expand like a balloon!!! No-no. And so the diet-era begins. Now.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?