Thursday, April 10, 2008

My high heel-ed day

Life has been like a roller coaster ride lately. Everyday filled with tasks and new things popping up. A full-on diary. Loads of networking going on. And of cos, the student-life defining assignments.

Strangely enough, I am enjoying every bit of it :)

Yesterday itself was a wild ride for me!

Woke up at 6.30 a.m. to get to Caulfield to prepare my heart and nerves for my management presentation worth a stuffed 30% - cranky and blur.

On my way to the bus loop, I saw some hot air balloons floating idly along the blue skies and cotton soft clouds - dreamy and grinning.

The presentation was great! This is the first time that I actually had such a fun, relaxed and creative presentation! With science, it always had to be more serious and formal. We presented on team cohesiveness. This time, we incorporated videos contrasting bad team cohesiveness and good team cohesiveness, then had a telephone game to demonstrate the importance of communication! We divided the audience into groups of 9 and then appointed a leader to memorize some lines in a minute, after that they passed the message on and the last person was asked to reveal the message in the end. Well the original text was something like this. . .

"Tom, Alice, Harry and Mary enrolled for dance classes. Tom and Mary liked jazz most. Harry and Alice liked waltz instead. However, Mary realized Tom had actually two left feet and couldn't dance, so they took him to the hospital and had a right foot transplant. Tom and Mary are now back on the dancefloor swinging away".

In the end, of cos, the results were hillarious! These were the answers:

"Two person went to the hospital and danced", "People were dancing so they went to the hospital", "People went to hospital" and so on! As an overall the presentation was fun and managed to keep everyone interested. Other than that, I passed up another 20% assignment so it was 50% handed up yesterday! - happy and relieved.

Despite announcing to myself that I would be on a diet, after realizing I gained 1 kg, I promised to have only a muffin in the morning and eat only once hunger strikes again. But due to temptations from nice coursemates and the slightly chilly day - my plan was totally foiled. I had a big chunk of Thai fried rice, then grabbed a sushi roll, a tiny chocolate bar, a bottle of Pepsi, some Weetbix, a can of baked beans, porridge with chicken floss during the remainder of the day - bloated and a complex of guilt/satisfaction.

Will offered to fetch us all from Caulfied to Clayton, but his parking area turned out to be MILES away from my Marshall home and the sun was staring at me who was on high heels for the first time in 2 months. My feet were screaming under the sun - tortured and painful all over.

Realized I forgot to note my word count in my assignment - panicked and scared!

Fern returned from Gippsland after 2 days there for research and I finally had someone to kepoh/ talk with! - chatty and glad.

Watched Pride online while I finally did my ironing. It was such a sweet drama - lovey-dovey and dreamy.

Studied a bit and the slept - end of emotional roller coaster ride.

Wasn't it fun!! Although, things crop up all the time and deadlines stun you from behind whenever u r off-guard, but I am really learning a lot. Listening to the speeches of one important person after another each week, really does motivate you. Discovering new aspects of business always makes a science-y person like me amazed. Being involved in a real project and knowing you are contributing, really makes you feel needed and again, motivated.

Like one of my coursemates put it, "I realized that this is really real." Not a literature research or review as an outsider or a technical personnel only. This feels great!

So, as an end note, there is really not ends to the possibilities in this world. You just have to continue searching and believing you can achieve it.

. . . one of those possibilities will be having a timetable like this. Seeing it will makes you feel like, there is really no impossibilities . . .

10 Apr - Management presentation 30%
11 Apr - Management Assignment 20%
14 Apr - Marketing presentation 10%
16 Apr - Meeting with supervisor
- Presentation
21 Apr - Meeting with supervisor
23 Apr - Meeting with scientist
2 May - From Science to Wealth Assignment 7%
5 May - Marketing Major Project 35%
16 May - Law Assignment 50%

And in between everything, working on the commercialization project and more meetings with scientists, supervisors and guest speakers (CEO mostly yo!).

Life is great eh. . . .

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?