Monday, January 21, 2008

Eye doctor

It has been a long while since I have blogged and I have a very valid reason for it. A medical condition. . . which thankfully is not really that bad. I have used up too much of my eye-power . . . on my left eye, leading to a condition known as trabeculitis. So I am still under observation by a very nice doctor a few blocks away from me and hopefully I will be 100% up and running again very soon.

Speaking of which, in my long list of past aspirations/ ambitions, did you know I considered being an eye doctor as well? Sure it didn't really sit well with the other career options in that list like school bus driver but once upon a time, I was GOING TO BE an eye doctor.

Well, back when an eye to me is just an EYE like this:





But now that an eye to me is more than just an EYE like this:


So logically, I gave up being an eye doctor. But the reason I wanted to be one was just as fickle. I remembering telling my dad it was cos the eye is the smallest body part and shud be the easiest. But the truth was, I jus got my first pair of specs and I TOT I looked cool in them and should spread the coolness. Luckily I gave up, no?

The truth is, every single part of the body regardless of how small it is, is a very complicated creation never to be totally understood by humans or to be explained in mere text. And I didn't say this just cos I did only one short semester of Physiology. I mean to say that, none of the everything in our body can ever be underestimated.

While almost everyone are battling negative body images, sometimes we lose sight of the appreciation we should have showed towards our own health. With the extent of damage negative body images can do to oneself I can't say that this issue is over-rated but I can absolutely say that health issues are definitely under-rated. Body image and health can go hand in hand. But a lost of balance can lead us to do stupid things. It is important to constantly remind ourselves of our health, before a mere mirror image.

I am not the only one inflicted with an eye problem lately. My cousin had her share of problem in this as well and hopefully she'll recover really really soon. Another thing, I wish to happen really really soon?

Get a place to live in Clayton soon soon soon. Oh please. I knew I should have wished for this during my birthday. Ish.

Updates on birthday gifts? I got a nice key pendant from my sis and my Mum. Although I have this Big Fat Key on my neck screaming to the whole wide world that I am in fact already 21 despite the 16 year old face, . . and body, I still wanted it. Tempted to say ' Serves you rite?' Ceh, I also dun care one.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?