Saturday, September 27, 2008

MUMSU Ball 2008

I had a very busy week and today being a Sunday, I finally have the time to sit down and upload some of the craze onto my virtual complain-stand.

A whole week of Accounting and Finance which was due on last Friday and a ball on Friday night itself, that finally ended with IELTS on Saturday morning itself.

Although I did not contribute much to the calculations part of assignment, I really felt like a stockbroker when I was doing it with my group! Crunching in numbers, discussing about the valuation, exploring the possible scenarios, assessing the risks and asking a total stranger who is an Honours student while illegally staying in the Honours only computer lab about the P/E ratio.

Which he must have thought was really silly and dumb for he gave a whole one minute of explanation of which 70% escaped our brains before going through the analysis-wheel. The whole piece of information was later unearthed by us in. . . well not really unearthed, it was printed in almost every other Finance book. Wah . . . need or not a?
Anyway, it all ended well and we handed it in on time. Came home and prepared for the ball. The few warm days leading up to the ball gave me reason to wear less and tighter. Not that I wanna scare the whole nation here away, mind you. It was more like I was homesick. I woke up on those days feeling that I was back in Malaysia again! There was just something about it - the smell of the air, the sunneam playing on your skin, the tank top hugging your waist and the sound of your flip-flops on the ground. Funnily enough, half way through my walk to uni, there was a Sibuga moment again.

Sibuga, my childhood place. When I say a Sibuga moment, it is a very abstract thing - momentary stillness that gives a slight buzzing sound, sunlight shedding a hue of yellow, soundless breeze zipping past my ears, occassionaly chirpings of birds, the smell of the air - so abstract, it might just be a feeling. Or maybe, it was just any other moments in my life or in Australia which was interpreted as being home due to my homesickness.

A bit heartbreaking, but at the same time I am glad I have a home that I miss.

As usual, the preparation for Ball this year was a total chaos as well! Started preparing at around 5 pm when Amy came over as well.

"I have to return home by 5.30 pm cos I forgot something," said an eyelash-sticking Amy.
"It is 5.33 pm now," said a purple eyeshadow dabbing me.
"Oh my God! Serious a? You think we are gonna be late or not?" said a still eyelash-sticking Amy.

In the end, we went out at 6.45 pm. Just 45 minutes behing schedule, phew~

The Marshall toilet became a warzone of eyeshadows, lipsticks, hairsprays.

WenJi was still deciding on which earrings to wear and putting on her lipgloss. So, it was still a tad bit chaotic. Me? I was practicing how to suck in my tummy. I am a more practical person *nods*

I still remember the ball we attended together in 2006. A lot of fuss placed on hair and makeup, discussions of going to professionals for help, scrambling all around looking for dresses, etc. Oh and did I forget to mention? *ahem ahem* Total unawareness of how porky all of us were.

This year, (minus the preparation period) we were all cool and composed in the ball. Well, except for WenJi who dropped her fork once or twice (?) due to some unknown sorta excitement. As if we were the oldest there, okay, maybe we were the second or third oldest, we were all just chatting among ourselves, enjoying the atmosphere, dining and wining. While in 2006, it was all about pictures with every single person in the Ball, this 2008 it was all about - food?

Truth is we were all starving and did not really know anyone in the Ball (Ta!).

The 8 table of 8.
Although the food was only alright - no one seemed to care. We all lost our dignity over food zo~! Rather than a Ball, it became a night of getting together and just crapping. Totally matches the number of the table - 8.

The number of our table and the endorser, Mr Daniel Lim.

Me and WenJi - this will be the magnet on the fridge picture.

Ray and I - food for thought.

LiLet, WenJi and Amy - the hottest gals in the Ball after the photographer herself :-)

Dessert time always reveals my other self.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?