Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bangkok Mmm-mmm

Bangkok Mmm-mmm

Remember I went to Bangkok in January? Hoho, well I was too busy . .

. . shopping to take pictures while in Bangkok.
. . wearing my new clothes to post pictures after returning from Bangkok.

Clothes shopping over there is like buying rojak! A great mix, at low prices and viciously tempting >;-D

One of the most easily accessible and navigatable shopping place in Bangkok is in my opinion, Pratunam. Platinum Shopping Centre (I think! Just ask KangNing) In fact we stayed a walking distance away from the shopping centre itself only woot!


No pictures were allowed inside Platinum but to give you a clear picture of what it is all about, these pictures below show our conquests by the end of day 1.

WenJi was as always the winner.

My sister and my conquests.

The victorious state of our hotel room.
The hotel we stayed in was amazing for the price, comfort and facilities, if not for the location. It costed only 1300 baht per night (the internet price) for a room as pictured above with a huge flat screen TV and spacious bed. The hotel was called Citin Pratunam Hotel and a google will guide you through booking and in a month's time you might be there youself!

The staffs in the hotel were so nice. Not mentioning the provision of free internet service - where WenJi received her offer letter for her current job and me some other good news :-) The hotel has its own tuk tuk and even offered to chauffer us to and back from Platinum. How nice le!
But tuk tuk rides can be scary especially for the faint-hearted like me. Or let me be more specific - a tuktuk ride with an overload of 6 people swerving in between traffic at night.

Thai people are frankly really polite and nice - from their endless streams of thank yous and smiles from customs officers. Thai girls are extremely skinny and well-dressed, actually!
Believe it or not, my sis Lowena was featured in one of the advertisements (picture above), notice the one far right. Omg. It is her, rite?

Somehow, we felt obliged to return to Fuji for lunch before our shopping began. Fuji was the very first restaurant we went to when we went to Bangkok in 2006. But only after that we realized, Fuji is everywhere in Bangkok rite now! Aaah. But we were extremely hungry.

And of course, for the last dinner in Bangkok, a visit to Amy's aunt's restaurant for their awesome food and kick-ass coconut juice. The second best thing? Meeting up with Kat and Ji again. Haha, I was kidding. Should be the other way around!
Can't wait for another trip with my sister/friends/family! This time with my hard-earned money I hope! I can't help but upload this picture. Cos in front of the billboard, we looked so fair.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?