Sunday, February 22, 2009

From Malaysia

From Malaysia

I have been back here in Melby for almost a week now. A very fast and furious week.

It has been a while since I have wanted to reminisce a bit about my trip back to Malaysia this time.

Every single year, ever since starting pre-U, I have had the privilege to travel back to Sandakan from KL and the year I was in Aussie, the privilege to travel back to Sandakan at the end of the year. Airasia was there supporting me all the way since pre-U.

Every trip back would be filled with food, attention, fun, attention, play, attention, friends, attention and attention again. It was always just a matter of playing the time away and starting the next year with the clear outlook of passing all units for the year in uni.

Meeting family members: them asking me how school was treating me, to be careful of snatch-thefts in KL, positively commenting on my weight gain, receiving ang paus from them, kissing their asses. . . kinda *wink*

Meeting old friends: them asking how school was treating me, what course I was taking, how was the course's workload, gossiping about the whole world, yum-cha sessions, reminiscing on old high school stories/rumors.

The break always passes by really quickly and the cycle continues.

But this trip back to Malaysia - this break - was the ending of the cycle.

I see this like eating a piece of muruku. As you bite along the coiled muruku, going in circles, and finally you reach the last bite - you suddenly realize - okay, what should I eat now or should I eat, then if not, what should I do?

Of course, one could continue on eating a muruku, one after another, but surely, one must grow jelak or too fat to eat anymore muruku.

I could see big things - changes - in store for me after the break.

I am no longer a student with a syllabus to fulfill.
I am no longer staying with my family with dinner prepared for me every night.
I am no longer residing in Malaysia where my rojak language rules.
I am no longer a child with no responsibilities or aims in life.

But, what I am to be, I still am not sure.

Hence, this break was for realization and after said break - which means now - is the time I find out.

It would have been more interesting had I adorned with pictures this post about my trip back to Malaysia. But honestly, this is how I really feel. And words, definitely portrays my feelings better.



0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?