Saturday, November 8, 2008

Online shopper registration

Ever since I fed my brain to some Aussie Zombie, I have been converted into one of her kind as well - a stalker-ish online shopper. Although the infector (Aussie Zombie) is now at a high level of 'knowing almost every shop out there' and 'I talked to the owner before', I being the infectee am merely in the Online Window Shopping mode. And the chant of this cult is, 'You wanna share shipping fees or not?'.



While one might say, "At least you are not spending money by just browsing, it is alright!"


But from an economist *ahem ahem* point of view, the opportunity cost is loads! "Wastage of time, effort, energy, attention and study time to a non-productive activity!" If I really did buy something, then at least it is productive rite? At least the marginal benefit would be higher: Enjoyment, fulfillment, aesthethic values (whatever. . .)


So the final verdict is: "Anyone wanna share shipping fees or not?"


Shopping is not a like a disease to females, despite how we like to exaggerate to make it seem like it is something we have to accomplish in order to ease our souls and sufferings bla bla bla.


Shopping is an enjoyment. A leisure. A bonding time between us. A treat we give to ourselves. After all there is no need to find excuses and makes an activity so beautiful seems like it is torturous *raises eye brow*


So the second verdict is: It was not totally un-productive window shopping around the internet.


I learnt more about the online fashion buying scene, focusing on those in Malaysia and Singapore! There are a lot, A LOT of online stores out there mostly operated in the form of a blog, owned by usually young females sometimes themselves being the face/model for the store. Initially it was really fun looking through all these online stores. It felt as if I was being ushered through Megamall with every click :-)


But, eventually I conquered the exhaustive list of stores :-(


In fact, most of these stores aren't really that 'unique'. After a while, you see the same dress popping up at another 30 over sites, the same model in the same pose in the same dress under different blogskins, highly similar styles with Sungai Wang, tanktops/camisoles/shortpants you have seen since your thick-spectacle days and ridiculously-sweet-girlt names like berryberrycrush, lovelysunshine or sugarpiggydunnowhatla.

Just like the bubble tea business in Sandakan a few years ago, online stores are growing like mushrooms right now but given the lack of quality over quantity and product differentiation, they might just be gone in a matter of time.


Nevertheless, I have now a portfolio of sites I adore!


1) http://www.by-binnie.blogspot.com/




Picture taken from http://www.by-binnie.blogspot.com/.

This was the first store the Zombie showed me. Love it to bits as the stuffs inside are really one of a kind. At least I have yet to seen anything similar so far. They had these really edgy-Victorianesque-ruffle-collars which looked really amazing but were sold out. Then the had vintage mary janes which were at a very very attractive price but being sold out as well. Anyway, everyone should click on that link and join the cult :-)


2) http://ashopaholicsden.com/


This is like the directory to all other sites. Timely review of nice picks from an array of online stores. The last I went in, which would be the 5th time, I spent 2 hours there. And I am not usually that bo liao a person >;-)

3) http://oh-popsicles.blogspot.com/




Picture taken from http://oh-popsicles.blogspot.com/.

Kinda like this site as well! For the convenience of those preparing for my birthday on the 31ST of DECEMBER 2008, I am craving for high-waisted pants/pencil skirt, checkered anythings and kimono dressed.

4) http://www.princessboutique.blogspot.com/




Picture taken from http://www.princessboutique.blogspot.com/.

Okay, you probably think the name of this store doesn't suit me *sulk* but I liked their latest offerings! The maxi dresses (not that I can ever wear one without sweeping clean the streets). The satin kimono. Ruffles and checkers. *Droooool*



Now on my shopping list:

1) Animal print stuffs


2) High waisted pants/skirts


3) Ruffled collars


4) Checkered pieces


5) Mary Janes


6) Pinafore-pieces


7) Lolita stylo


8) Victorianesque styles dresses


9) Chiffon or anything soft - summer dresses


10) Bikini (Forever remains on the list ROAR)

If you are wondering why I have been blogging that much . . .


This was a note from WenJi reading: Morning! Haf a nice nerd (day)! luv ya!! Muakz!

Before you say, "Awwww how sweet", "What a cute housemate". Lemme clarify the situation.

WenJi was leaving to Lake Entrance with 14 other of our friends. I was staying home with 200 pages of Business Law to choke down on.

I am so gonna sue her for unconscionable act! Despite being aware that I am vulnerable (having to study and no enjoyment), she is taking advantage of this vulnerability of mine to her advantage (hurting my feelings by capitalizing on my inability to join in the trip).

Just wait and see. ROAR.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?