Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ghosts, here?

Maybe I have always been watching Asian horror films, say Samara who is Japanese, the Phone/Call/Wig/*any object* from Korea, so it never occured to me that there could be ghosts in Australia.

Pretty stupid I KNOW.

But I realized this stupidity in me only a few days back while having pancake at Pancake Manor in Brisbane city. Which brings me to another realization - there seems to be a pancake 'spot' in every state! Pancake Parlour here, Pancake on the Rocks in Sydney. I shall explore Cairns etc soon in search of this interesting trait of Aussie.

Anyway, back to the main topic. My brother then told us that the toilet in that pancake place was supposed to be haunted. Haunted. HAUNTED.

My first reaction? Surprised.
The first image in my mind? A long-haired-and-nailed lady in a long-red-dress in a green-ish lighted toilet background, not forgetting freaky-creaking-screeching-noises here and there.

Obviously, this did not fit in the picture.

So the second image came - A doe-eyed Chinese doll in a red cheongsam-like outfit, staring forlornly at me, no YOU, with blood gushing out its eyes in a blood-red toilet background.

Obviously, this did not fit in as well.

After numerous attempts, effortless attempts I must say, the best I could come up with was -

A white haired-old man spirit standing under the bask of white light, with his back facing me.

. . . which is so not hardcore as compared to the previous ones! But of course, will still scare me silly and make my legs go jell-o, should I survive it.

That's it. That is why it never occured to me that Australia or any other western countries in general, can actually have ghosts!

While all countries have dark alleys that scare me, but the source of the fear is different. Say Malaysia will be of ghosts, pontianaks and rats, Australia will be of robbers, drunkards and rats. Why do all countries have rats anyway, curses.

And another conclusion from this will be - Western horror movie sucks!

Although all horror movies scare me but Western ones are less scary (I cover only 50% of my vision) or maybe, less believable. Why so? Cause of the lack of inspiration from real-life experiences! Hence, Western countries are ghostless. Imagine this, would you rather have the crawling-boneless creature from Ju-On or the bloody-scarred-all-over ghosts from 13 Ghosts chase you?

The answer is quite obvious for me - none of them. In fact, I think I would have died either of fear, failure to run or just having given up even before the chase.

But oh well, there isn't any ghosts here in Aussie (let me believe so) or at least there isn't any situations so far which suggests so. No midnight ghost stories sharing among friends, no weird Western horror movies. So I am happy.

********

I can't believe that is the first thing I blogged about after graduating as a Master student.
Very deep, no?

Nyahaha, anyway, I just blinked Graduation Day and Christmas and Boxing Day away:-( Whee,but I shall blog about them soon. The ghost topic was just too intense to be pushed further *phew*

Approaching is - my 22nd birthday.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?