Sunday, January 4, 2009

Graduation

It has been ages since my graduation. I am perfectly aware of this since - I am no longer 21 (boohoo) and the house is actually free of sis and mum's perfect noises.


What I learnt from my first ever graduation ceremony is:

1) Time is never enough.
2) The robe is too long and heavy.
3) The cap shapes your hair into a perfect bowl.
4) Marketing campaigns are everywhere (studio picture, Monash ring???)
5) Too many faces, too many flowers.

Conclusion is - it happens in a daze. Savour the moment (and the frustration) cause before you know it, it will be over.

Despite all that, of course it is a happy occassion! A celebration of all your hard work throughout your degree. With family. With friends. Who all care enough to be there :-)

My Dad, Mum, Sis and Cousin Ivy flew all the way from Malaysia for this big day of mine :-) and for their holiday as well la. Bro Eddie and his girlfriend wanted to come over from Brisbane as well, but sadly it did not happen. Some friends turned up especially as well.

This was our very first picture! See the Big Bear I was holding - sent all the way by Aunt Justina from Sandakan with love. It was wearing a purple graduation gown - super-cuteness compared to my all-black-gown. Then the flowers were from my Mum and Ivy. My sister? Wah, you expect to get something a?

Ray turned up minutes before we entered Robert Blackwood Hall. And he brought flowers from outside of Monash (!!) but later forgot which bouquet was from him (cis). See we were standing so properly cause Mr Lo was there! ROAR!

BigBear and I looking towards a bright future. I still envy BigBear's flashy graduation gown :-(


Me and my parents. I think I looked like a lawyer here :-)


Ivy, Me and Sis. Sisterly-girlish-love with all the hugging, flowers and teddies.

Taken before my hair was shaped into a perfect ricebowl.

Me and my Sis. GIANT. Click to enlarge - and see the heels she was wearing. As if not satisfied that she is already around 10 cm taller than me. Thunder stealer. Luckily my shoes were RED.

I love this picture. A perfect family picture :-) see my shoes?

We call this the 'circle'. An unofficial and cincai name. But totally understandable the Malaysian way.

Inside Robert Blackwood Hall. Loved it - I felt like I was in Hogwarts for a tiny teeny moment.
After the ceremony, guests were invited to the Campus Centre for some light refreshments. Light in size but heavy in calories, sugar, fat and temptation, I must say. But oh well, it was a day of celebration.
One thing I regretted about the day was that I failed to get a group picture with my coursemates who were there. My parents succumbed badly into all the marketing tricks around the campus centre!! - Flowers, graduation plates, graduation frames, studio pictures! So sigh-nya! I still managed to snap some pics tho!
Cassie, Ashley and Me. Before the start of all the confusion and still looking for Yani haha.

Oli and I with the MonashBear - now, Oli, WenJi, Shirley and I have one :-) Amy's turn soon!

ShinYi and I. She was rocking Vegas a few days back. Time sure flies and now she is cool in Vegas while I am rotting in Clayton.


WanRu and I. Her flowers and bear, I think? Taken moments before I returned my gown as everyone did and I was afraid I would be penalized if I returned late! Kiasi.
Chitz, Me and Jean. Taken after I returned my gown only to realize that there is not penalty. Ish, I should have worn till the max time permitted.

The bears I received on that day. Oh! The white one? It is a surprise from Ray *he learnt a trick or two in this department from me*. It comes with a birth certificate which states:

This Furry Friend is special, because no two are the same. It was chosen with love and given a heart and then it was given a name. Now treasure this friend and make it your own. Promise to love it and give it a home.

Date of birth: 18-12-2008 (My graduation day!)
Full Name: Master Loretta
Height: 45 cm
Weight: 250 grams
Fur colour: White and Pink
Eye Colour: Black and Brown
Belongs To: Loretta Lo

Stuffed with Love by Raymond.

So that's it folks, I own Ray I think since he declared me Master Loretta.

And when I went to Brisbane, Bro Eddie surprised me with this cake (after I took off my contact lenses and everything looked like a blob of colour to me).

Here is a big thank you to everyone of you who deserves only the best and nothing else. and a big wet virtual kiss.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?