Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My family 2009

My family 2009

To tell you the truth, I have never stayed together with everyone in my family before.



From ever since I could remember, Dad has been working elsewhere while I stayed in Sandakan with my Mum and Sis along with members of my extended family. This went on until college when I moved over to KL to stay with Dad while Mum and Sis stayed back. The plan was for them to move over to KL as soon as my Sis completes her secondary school years. Unfortunately, that very year, I decided to come over to Aussie for my Master degree.

Hence, I have never really stayed with everyone before in my family.

And, I have never stayed with both my parents before.


What brought about this realisation? The family trip to Melbourne in December.

There were a few occassions where I found myself thinking to myself, "This isn't like my family."

It's not particularly sad or regretful or depressing, at least to me. My heart just quivers for a split second.

I guess that is the sort of trade-off you get for every decision made. I decided to come over here, be apart from them. So it is just natural for them to have changed and for me to not have observed all of these changes.

Like when Steve got surprised when a deep voice greeted him when he called back before knowing it was his little brother on the phone. Funny little incidents.

Like when I got surprised knowing Choo got a girlfriend. Miraculous, huge incidents!

I remembered thinking:

Since when did Dad become so grumpy?
Since when did they eat fruits before dinner?
Since when did they squabble so much?

Do they even realize I feel left-out?

Again, the feeling is not sad nor anger, more like.....a sort of weird sourness.


Despite how close you are in blood or in bond, people change, don't they?
Someone you have been with all your life.
Someone you thought you knew.
Someone you call your family or soulmate.

I guess everyone is just following their course of life, chasing their goals and travelling on different paths so to have changed - is just a natural part of it. Nothing bad about it.



In fact, on a happier note, isn't it interesting and exciting to see how a person become what he is to become one day? I am excited for you!



Another 4 days until I return to KL, and it makes me wonder how things actually are back there. Hmmmmmmm.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?