Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Christmas and Birthday!

I am now 22 years . . . . and 9 days old. Wheee. Sigh. Hoho. Oh no. *Quarter-life crisis?*

It really is true when they say time moves fast once you go past your 21st year. 9 days just whooooooped past me, like in a blink or half a blink! I am so not used to declaring myself as a 22 year old. . . . not yet. I shall step into Forever 21 with pride and try on all the clothes there!

This year's birthday was a blast, but a different kinda blast - homey and warm and sweet. The first time I spent it without my Dad. The first time I spent it with Ray.

Before that I forgot to tell you guys something! I attended my very first thematic party ever! Erm, days before my 21 y.o. year ended - yer, so uncool rite? For Xmas 2008, Miss Yiki was kind enough to organize a Back To School Kris Cringle Christmas Party.

The night where all the 21/22/23/24 year olds dressed up in knee-high socks, headbands, short mini skirts - utter cutesiness. I felt young again!

This was the most perfect class picture outta the whole lot! Sam (with the dog) was particularly high up in the sky, for reasons unknown!

All the girls! Limelight stealers. I mean, Back To School this theme, if it were an all boy's night, you think anyone would be interested to go?

WenJi and Me. Moments before we broke into dancing for Cyndi Wang's 'Ai Ni! *deng deng deng deng deng. . . *

Our latest hobby - pull opposing faces on camera. I am getting so good at this, I am gonna put it on my resume.

This was meant to be a shot of the beautiful Xmas tree Yiki&Co set up, but all the camwhores swoooooooooped in - thus, look at the tip of the Xmas tree la.

It was a great night. For the Kris Cringle? I got a nice teddy bear :-) Thanks to whoever chose it! And as for who I gave mine to? Use your imagination nyeh.
*****************************
December is always a month of celebrations. The best time of the year for everyone.
Cause it's a month of countdown towards my birthday. Woahohohohoho.

The celebration kicked off pretty early actually, with the first surprise cake being from my Dad and Bro Eddie while we were in Brisbane as both of them could not make it back to Melbourne with me for the actual day.
Phwoar. . . . Baskin Robbins cake - insides were strawberry ice cream - rainbow pattern - only one candle (hence no telling of age nyahaha!). It was so sweet of them!
Back in Melbourne, I was waiting for the surprise until 12.10 a.m. Don't call me 'muka tembok' for waiting for a surprise from others on my own birthday! Although Uncle Ray learnt a thing or two about surprising others, he is still bad at keeping the whole thing to himself. Either this, or I am damn smart.
So feeling weird, a tad-bit disappointed, confused and honestly, a bit malu for expecting something. Miss Lo took off her contact lenses, washed her face, changed into her pyjama, skipped the sit-ups, curled up in bed and fell asleep for 10 minutes.
Around 12.30 a.m., the surprise came. Wheee -.-"
Hence, forgive the extremely aunty looking Me in the following pictures and NO, I did not age that much in years, fashion sense, hair-style, energy level over the night! I am still the fun-loving, active, chatterbox-y, cute, optimistic and crazy 21-year-old me at heart!
Mum and Lowena were not wearing their glasses and you can see their eyes. Cher.
Ray and the cake he made. While he was fully awake, I wonder why his eyes were still so hard to find hmmm.
Everyone who came for the surprise, it was really tops! Thank you so much. Thank you for dressing up so nicely. Thank you for making me look like the maid of the house. Thank you. Thank you.
This is the hummingbird cake made by Ray. He picked the ingredients, baked, decorated and sent it over. Not bad eh? The frosting is amazing in taste, and also in expanding my waistline. Thanks so much, dear.
I mentioned how much I love Lindt Cafe in Sydney, rite? WenJi brought this cake from Lindt Cafe, Sydney all the way back. Okay, help me hold back my tears,and snot. 2008 had been a year of ups and downs, messy backyards, missing thighs/socks and watching a 24-hour McDonalds prospering opposite our house. Let's look forward to 2009 now :-)
Time for the pressies! :-)


I received this from Yiki, WenJi, Felix and WooHsian. A real nice leather bag - very WenJi, very brown haha.

Since my wallet broke, Mum got me this wallet from Esprit. It was really spacious and soft - meaning I can put in loads and it is expandable!

Sis got me this eyeliner from Shu Uemura. Speaking of which, I just noticed that this brand cannot be found in Australia, am I right? So, Lok actually brought me something RARE for my birthday!? Now this is RARE!

This is the Graduation+Birthday gift I received from Bro Eddie and Sis Leena. Exactly to be expected from the practical guy himself.

It even has my name on it!

This is another wallet I received from Ray. Nice choice I must say :-) It is a slim fit wallet. Contrary to the one my Mum gave me, this disallows me from stuffing everything and anything into my wallet. Sigh. Controlling-nya si Ray.
Olivia's gift? It is a secret!!
Thank you to all you nice people out there who left me an sms/Facebook message/ chatbox shout out wishing me a happy birthday - believe me, it got way happier because of you all!
So that's my December for you all!
Am I looking forward to more gifts? Sure yeah!
Am I busy looking for gifts for everyone back in Malaysia? Sure yeah!
Let's keep the present-giving tradition alive!

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?