Monday, November 2, 2009

A Chinese movie on a warm night


I can feel summer here in Melby already.
Time to roll out the shorts, minis, tank tops and. . . . gym-membership for the bikini moment! (Panic time all over again!).
Last night, it was really warm. I was just wearing shorts with a sleeveless top. I went out to a movie with some friends. Point is: it was a Chinese movie! Acted by Loius Koo and Lau Ching Wan, it was a comedy called Poker King.
I am usually not fond of movies from Hong Kong, after disappointments such as Ghost in the Office where green ghostly skeletal faces appear in computers as. . . screensavers. If you cannot scare me, chances are you cannot scare anyone.
But I am a sucker for comedies like Le Brassiere (Chut Sei Hou Bra) etc with Louis Koo and Lau Ching Wan. I am also missing Cheung Ka Fai awwww.
But the happiest thing about the movie last night was:-
The warm temperature
The Cantonese-speaking movie
The group of friends
It really made it seem like I was back in Malaysia, if not, back in Sandakan where I would go to the cinema (there is only one cinema~) with the gang from high school and wrap up the night with supper at one of the pasars (there are a lot of pasars~). Even if it was Norbit we were watching!

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?