Monday, February 18, 2008

My second day

Today I feel revitalized and young again! Why?
Cos I attended my Orientation at a campus new to me!

Hey, there really is an after-effect in being the oldest batch of final semester student for half a year back in Sunway last year okay!? I was older than all the Mr Monash nominees (well, almost all).

Anyway, I was all giggly, shy and slightly clumsy in a cutesy way (emphasized) today. Just the way I was way back when I still loved Sailormoon and never fought physically. Everything seemed so strange to me cos I forgot almost everything about Aussie haha. I didn't even realize I entered Clayton, which is MY zone or used to be my zone, while on my way back from the airport. Until Uncle Tan asked me, "You still remember The Knot rite?". Embarassing? Well, no. Cos, of cos I acted like I knew. What else!

Although my current nest is just a temporary one, I have just viewed my future permanent nest. Looks kinda cool. Cooler than SiewChin's last house here cos this time, there are two COOL factors staying in this house! ME and WENJI. Don't disagree with me in my blog!!

Anyway, the whole house is carpeted so it has a homey-feel to it (maybe cos I am too accustomed to my hairy body haha, so I felt oh-so-family). The living room itself is really spacious so our BIG tv from WenJi will definitely fit in just FINE. The kitchen is my favourite part as it has got that counter thing which my Mum had always wanted. The rooms are nice and cozy as well and as we like to describe it - 'A bit bigger than Howitt' room. There is a built in wardrobe! How nice is that!

My life so far (precisely 2 days) here has been really nice. I have people cooking for me, accompanying me everywhere, old friends looking over me and so much more. Oh! I actually vomitted so many paragraphs out so accidentally, deviating from my main topic: Orientation!!

I learnt a lot of new facts about my course today.

1) Asian-populated - Approximately 5 ang mohs out of 35 students.

2) Malaysian-invaded - 7 Malaysians and counting in 35 students.

3) Flexibile-timetable - So flexible that THEY can change from week to week.

4) Block-lectures - Meaning, there can be 4-6 hours of continuous lectures for 5 continuous days.
For one unit. Then the exam comes when you have forgotten the whole
block.

5) Big-named-lectures - Somehow, the names just seem so big. I feel so small.

6) Travel-always - I have two units in Clayton, about 3 in the city and 7 in Caulfield. How to
wear heels?

7) Holiday-less - Seems like it. Mid sem break will have classes. Mid year break should be
allocated with block lectures. (Attn: Choo)

So that is the summarized version of all the shock I got today. In fact, I heard shocked or maybe freaked-out gasp from Chitra when the person said that the Vice Chancellor of our uni attended the final presentation of the students in this course last year. I laughed my head off . . . inside.

With 6 units per semester and no holidays, I am surprisingly excited and glad I took this course. Why it is so, I can't quite explain still! Wait till the inspiration comes!

So for the days to come, I will be busy collecting furniture for my new house, getting into the mood for studies, settling stuffs like my bank account etc here and look forward to making this year a meaningful one!

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?