Monday, July 16, 2007

New Campus Starvation and Blog Reviews

There was a hunt for food, real food in the spanking new Monash Campus today. I became totally carnivorous in my mind, as my salivary glands switched to overdrive when i imagined Kenny Rogers. And when I open my eyes, a RM 2.30 bun. The task was done by 3 minutes. When eating means nothing never rang this true. I was frantically searching for some real food but to no avail. And guess what. I bought 2 breads for tomorrow's journey, PKN copied me (I really think so). But damn it, we lost to Su-ee. She bought 6. Enough for the whole army of hungry Monashians. Can't wait to see the variety!! Haha.

"Wah, now you can really diet lo, Loretta...." - PKN. Ceh.

But the new campus is really something. For it reminds me a lot about last year. Hm, especially the library. Thebright red mini sofas, walls of green and grey, the slight noisiness and so on. As I sat there, I suddenly remembered the time I sat in Hargrave (almost typed Harvard, hoho) on a Sunday afternoon. Amy sat with her legs folded up and shoes off as usual. Wenji became a drifter around the computer area as usual. Siew Chin all dressed up for studying and cold jokes ready as usual. Olivia late and still tried to act cute as usual. It is nice to have so many 'as usuals'. We got used to each others' company. Loved it too.

The lecture theatres were kinda similar as well. Not that I mind! They are just so much more larger and cooler looking! I was so motivated to study!! Seriously... But I fell asleep during my very first lecture. A good sign of a prosperous semester ahead. The cafeteria is real BAD though. BAD. WORST. WRETCHED. Do you get the picture?

But overall, I kinda like this new place. Cooler!

Lately, I have been reading a lot of my friends' blogs. And here is a quick review:

Stephen
A very cold style of humour in his blogs wherre u just go SWEAT. In a sarcastic and 'wat the' kinda way. Occassionally meaningful in a confusing way, mostly loaded with crap. Hm, showing a lot of his true colours definitely. And wat is more in his blog other than crap? Well, any true Steve friend would know FOR SURE. If not (more like 'or else!!'), you better stay away from him from now on. It is always Hikki Hikki Hikki. Sometimes I wonder if he secretly harbours love for my alter ego, Hikari by loving the other Hikki (Utada Hikaru). Please don't make me say that again, Steve.

"I realized lately I kept buzzing people up in MSN giving them links to videos in YouTube. But then I realized I might be annoying them by sending them too much links..." - Steve.

"Hmmm..... What to write....erm...I mean type... I mean.. whatever" - Steve.

Amanda
Her blog is filled with fantasy style writing depicting things happening in her life, her mind and just pretty much anything. And trademark of Amanda, is the ocassionally exaggerated lines! I could just imagine her facial expressions and gestures, when I read those lines! Imagine a highly animated hyperactive Tweety Bird. And since it deals with her thinking, expect ocassional laughs thrown in at sometimes, very random areas. SWEAT. But haha.

"Typical guy-classifications. They just don't like anything that they dont understand." - Amanda.

"I've been some kind of blog-haunter lately. Thats rite. HAUNTER. I don't hunt. I haunt. I haunt people's blog everyday" - Amanda.


"Yeah, it happens everytime with everyone I go yumcha with. Its begining to form a pattern. Everything is positively "like that lo" in my life. Why eh?" - Amanda.

Cheryl
Hmmmm..... Her blog gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. Just like a little animal which is innocent, cute, shy and definitely not a rat, mouse, hamster or guinea pig. Cos it is simple and lovable. Basically about everyday stuffs she sees. It is funny to see she has her weird sides as well!! Well covered weirdness.... For example, she papparazi-ed some pigeons at the old campus and made it into a small life story of the now famous pigeons. Fooled countless shop owners in One Utama into letting her parade their clothes and snap pics. Maybe this is why I like her blog! Simplicity masking her hidden quirkiness!

"It is about the World’s Ugliest Dog. The dog’s name is Elwood, and he (yes, it is a male)" - Cheryl.

"Yeah, you know... we usually dun understand what Mr.Bean is talking about in his shows right? Oh well, that was exactly what happened in his lectures!! " - Cheryl.

"I am so tired and sleepy now but I refuse to sleep. LoL. Since I missed my hokkien drama just now, I will stay up to watch it later" - Cheryl.

Lowena
This is a pig who enjoys trash talking celebs, gossipping about all creatures on Earth, publicizing her enormous mood swings, and posting over the top drama induced news. Check the dates people. This is a blogger who blogs like residents of The Day After Tomorrow. Totally random posts with very nasty humour which might not appeal to innocent sweet tooths, like me (visualize my smile, and try not to puke). Enjoy the humour in it, without taking it too much to the heart. Dr Hikari advice. Cool ne?

"Every girl has been through the stage when she drools over every pig she sees" - Lowena.

"Imagine running all the day from one block to another block just because you heard a couple shouted at each other." - Lowena.

JingWen
This is a total RANDOM blog! You never know what to expect for the next post or even, for the next sentence in the same post. Usually they are things that make you laugh your head off while your detaached head continues laughing on the floor. Elmo style. Or they'll be things that you never thought about before, drawing a grin of disbelief which can look retarded at times on ur face. I wonder how his mind works really. How he picks total random, and of such small details of things in his life to write about. Seriously! I love reading ur blog. Your randomness damn yeng, man.

"You know those transgender guys who grow boobies on their chests using female hormone pills? Maybe, just maybe, male hormone pills might just grow a mustache on me!! I alwayz wanted a mustache like the Chinese General" - JingWen

"Odd things you tend to do when you are alone and HIGHLY stressed:
1.) You tend to sing along to emo music, especially My Chemical Romance. And also, in a higher pitch, you know, to vent out the stress.
2.) You tend to take silly pictures of anything. Like this >>>> <<<<<>>>>>which has no significant meaning at all.
5.) Tend to make lame jokes, but since you are alone, you'll have to laugh at it yourself too. It doubles the happiness. :D
....Luckily, the piano anchors me. I love it. I'm naming it Kyoko Fujiwara..... you tend to give names to your possessions too." - JingWen.

"As the exams are approaching, it is almost customary that I seek 'guidance' from the Tarot" -JingWen.

"Something unusual happened @ the camp:
1. I named my futon Noriko Hasegawa." - JingWen.

"So, the only solution was to do my laundry in the bathtub... Stepping on a tub full of clothes is kinda therapeutic. I bet this is why people in the old days were so peaceful" - JingWen.

"It consists on 4 HarGaos and 4 SiuMais. At the beginning of the packet, we are contented with either HarGao or SiuMai because both are abundant. It is hard to choose which one to eat 1st mid-way. IF, i choose to devour the HarGao 1st, there will be an excess of 1 extra SiuMai compared to the total amount of HarGaos. WHICH brings me to the conclusion of life is full of choices, HarGaos and SiuMais, determine the course of time, and life" - JingWen.

"21 is usually the prime time for young people. Being 22 is like being declared 'no longer at prime', shit!But, according to the 'Periodic Table of Elements', 22 is Ti (Titanium). So, least being 22 still has its cool 'elements'. haha~" - JingWen.

Check them out y'all!

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?