Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Gossip

Taking a break from studies last night, after finally completing (browsed through) the whole syllabus, I started researching for my project again. Well, a bit like aimless browsing as I faced an overload of information yet again.

But the research last night really opened up my eyes to the extensize networking that can be done in the business world. Having originated from science, I have always viewed research projects as really individual entities as scientists all over this globe fight against time to prove their OWN theories and hypotheses right and for the sake of that sense of achievement and truth.

But in business, it can go totally haywire. A company is not that BIG SHINY BUILDING (quoting WenJi) but a gigantic tree with branches so extensive and ever growing out to cover new territories and cast their shadow over smaller weaker competitors. This can sound a bit exaggerated or maybe, I am still FRESH and naive from science.

It is impressive how one single piece of information can lead you to another piece of seemingly unrelated information. The difference is endless - the extent of it, or even the context as in time difference, nature of business, location, etc. And you are left with a 3000000000000 piece puzzle and an empty brain.

However, as you work through the various puzzle pieces, and as the picture comes clearer, you cannot help but grin to yourself.

Unlike science where there are always facts to refer to for confirmation, what I am doing now is so. . . different.

Risk and questions dominate my research.
Answers are always in the strangest places or the most wordy texts.

It is a weird ride for me but I am kinda enjoying it.
Someone asked me what my dream job was weeks ago.
Maybe this is it.

In a sense, all this digging around for information and moulding them into something meaningful seems to exciting. So detective-like.

In another sense, isn't it a bit like gossiping/ paparazzi-ing?
Shit, maybe this is why I enjoyed it.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?