Thursday, June 26, 2008

Graduation

I attended my very first graduation ceremony last Wednesday. Well, a friend's graduation ceremony. Erm, a mock graduation ceremony actually.

Okay, now I seem like a loner who doesn't have much friends. Why has no one ever asked me to their graduation ya? So now on my list of 'Things to urge friends to do' will be (1) Making me their bridesmaid and (2) Let me attend their graduation ceremony. (hinting, get it?)

There is something special about the graduation costume. Just spells 'achievement'.

More than that, I think it gives a 'nostalgic' feel to everything.

Like, you are approaching and opening a door which will lead you to a whole new path.

Amidst all the excitement and congratulatory words, there is a tint of sadness I think as you realize that there are things you will be leaving behind soon. Maybe not 'leave behind'. More like, 'move on' from it.

Like the familiar smiles which never seemed all that special during the everyday lectures.

The people which became your 'companions' during the years.

This is really a 'graduation'. Everyone, despite wearing the same robes, are all prepared to go separate ways as they carve out their own life. Moving on to the next chapter. Packing all these - the student years, the cramming for exams, the constant complains about cafeteria food, the ups and downs in studies, the walking on foot to bus loop and the graduation robes, everything -into memories.
Seeing the others graduate imparts a special kind of feeling in me.

I can't wait to graduate as well.

Although, I can't say I am all ready or totally unafraid of what my future holds, seeing my own friends standing right in front of me in their graduation robes, gives me strength to believe in myself. That it is alright to be afraid. It is alright to be unsure. We are all the same. And we shall all work hard. So all of us will be alright.


So there you go, a 'preview'!

And here lemme seriously wish all of you a very hearty congratulations! To WenJi, Ophe, Sam, Sandra, Dennis, Renee.

P/S: I think WenJi will have a very bright future ahead of her because, in one of the pics. . .

. . . . check out how BRIGHT WenJi's face is! Yes, that BRIGHT ball of something in there, is in fact, WenJi.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?