Sunday, August 17, 2008

Toboggan

Miss Lo's life has been terribly busy the past week and the week to come.

Have just smashed through an Accounting assignment worth 15% and a Marketing Innovation assignment worth 20%. 15% and 20%. Would have scared the nerd outta me 2 weeks prior to the deadline normally, like back in last year.
But now. I kinda lost sight of how much they actually are. And I curse thinking of how hard I worked for that 3% Plant Biotech report last semester. For now, I have no time to really do it seriously :-(

Schedule for the past week was like this:

8 Aug - Patent Law Exam
11 Aug - Accounting Tutorial and Business Law Tutorial

13 Aug - Commercialization Project presentation

17 Aug - Accounting assignment

18 Aug - Marketing Innovation assignment

25 Aug - Accounting Tutorial and Patent Law Essay (50%)

26 Aug - Meeting wit project supervisor

And a hundred items yet to be scheduled. Can I sigh a hundred million times now?

BUT! JENG JENG JENG!

Transform to Optimism-Girl !

Of course something good happened over the week and good things come in big packages, for just this once.

Dear Mum, YiMa, Bro and Grandma came over for the week. My quiet and peaceful haven became like a chicken pen on fire! The noise. . . the clucking. . .

It was too bad that I did not have much time to spend with them :-( I still love my course :-)

It is always so nice to have family around you. They may nag, they may annoy, they may be trouble. But aren't those the very little things we miss most about them?

Mum & co. just left this morning. But the memories from this past week, are still so vivid in my mind. It gives me a sense of warmth knowing I'm being loved, but also a sense of emptiness now that the moment is gone. In short terms, I am just missing my family.
Having grown up surrounded by a big family all my life, I tend to feel lonely quite easily and does not deal with silence that well. I prefer to consider it as a blessing while I do recognize it being a tendency to depend on others. Hence the constant nagging feeling inherent of me to be independent and not a bother to anyone at all.
I am a lucky person :-)

All the way over here, I managed to find 'family' as well.

First of all, Mummy WenJi at home. It is such fun introducing people you adore to your own family members. Now my mum calls WenJi Felicia and she calls my YiMa by 'YiMa' and Bro Eddie by 'Cousin'. Which is damn weird, but funny.
But the most fortunate thing to happen, out of confusion and blurness, is of course meeting my Mr Tan. Although, things are still mostly in confusion and blurness now. It is the greatest feeling to bring someone like him to my own family. Tung Seng :-)



Had a day trip to Lake Mountain. First time seeing snow for Mum & co. Everyone was so excited. Mr Tan has a back ache any my right hand fingers are swollen. But it was pure joy.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?