Friday, October 31, 2008

Driving manual ep 2

DRIVING MANUAL EP. II

Today I had another impromptu driving session in that same blue steel case. It was right after grocery shocking and the same old omens of gloomy skies etc. Does it have to be like that all the time? Can't nature be happier about me driving?? Helllloooo, Spring??

Anyway, we did it inside Monash's compound today seeing that there are less cars during weekends. Sigh, but rite now I have not even the mood to study or go to gym :-(

Being the Slowpoke learner I am :-( I sucked big time at reversing. The car choked like a 17 year old washing machine. Clutch a bit then brake, then accelerator a bit then brake and so it goes. But still it remains that way :-(

Snippet of Conversation #1

Poor car: *Scratching sound------*
Me: Ahhhhhh!! What was that!! Sorry!!

I wonder why I still suck at the first gear, the damn choking just won't go away. I know I know. Not enough of accelerator rite? Not enough of clutch maybe? Sigh. Sigh-er. Sigh-est.

This is a time when I thank the innovators of the world and rejoice for technology (automatic car). Although I know it is probably very useful to know how to drive a manual but I cannot stop wishing it was an automatic car instead. Knowing this, I will just have to rid the frustration and suck up to it.

Snippet of Conversation #2

Instructor Tan: Okay, try the third gear. *less than 30 seconds* Change back to second gear, then brake, first gear.
Me: *fumbles extemsively*
Instructor Tan: Er, that is the fourth gear.
Me: *Cringes*
Poor car: *Dunno what happened to itself*

It is so damn frustrating that I am still doing so damn badly after so long. Second lesson, I know, but I still feel so dumb :-( stupid :-( slow :-(

I hate the third gear. Actually no, I know what is wrong.
All the videos I have watched (tutorial on manual driving) so far have been teaching this way:

' . . after your first gear upon picking up on speed, change to second gear. And the subsequent gears according to your speed. . .'
So they just emphasized on the first and the second! Curses. Is it so hard to show the whole process of driving through various humps, junctions, roundabouts, traffic lights, zebra crossings and McD drive-throughs along the journey from Clayton to Caulfield (or further)? It's not like YouTube charges you for a loooooooooooonnnnggg video. Kiam siap :-(

Snippet of Conversation #3

Me: Wah, that guy is really brave to be crossing the zebra crossing when I am driving.

And the car still chokes when I start with the first gear.
I still clutch before I brake, wat the hell.
I still suck severely at reversing. The whole clutch first, brake a bit, accelerate a bit.
I am too slow at changing gears. (1 - 2 -3 -brake - 2- 1- 2- 3) :-( How!?
I go into the wrong gear without realizing it.
I cannot do parking.

Only achievement of the day?
Two choke-less first gears.
Efficient and traumaless passing of 70% speed humps.
Better maneuvering at roundabouts.

I better slap myself.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?