Friday, October 3, 2008

Heel my height !

I had a flashback of last year a week ago. The bitter sweet memories of walking to the new Monash Malaysia campus. Crossing the two roads rite in front of Sunway/Monash hostel condo - where the at least four rows of car either speed through or wait impatiently, aiming to hit you behind the red lights. Then there is the very muddy, uneven and secluded path to uni or the very open, dusty and smokey path less than 2 metres away from the speeding cars along the road. IT is like, which way you wanna die?
But being an independent and strong modern young lady, of course, I did not succumb to such torture and discouragement.
I stood by my high heels.

Never mind, the pedestrian-hating drivers, the huge speeding metal-beasts, the glaring sun, the hard-to-trot path.

I, Loretta Lo, stand by my high heels!
But those were not the reasons why I remembered about Monash Malaysia and the relevance with high heels during last year.

The real reason is, my feet got hurt again from wearing pair of new heels last week :-)

Something I am sure either PKN or even WanRu will think, "Oh well, just another day for her." So I had a week long punishment of only open shoes even during rainy days :-( Damn cold, okay?

But. Before you curse my shoes (or me), do us some justice and see for yourself before you say anything!

Aren't they just adorable!?

And I waited for so long for the price to drop till the 'Loretta-Price-Range' okay!

In fact, when I tried on size 5 I was told that that was the last pair and although it hurt so badly (my toes were practically squeezed in the front), I actually thought of buying and enduring it. How crazy was I! But thanks to my kiasu passion, I asked the third time for a size 6 and voila~ they found it! They actually thought I asked for a size 7 the first two times. So much for separating me from these babies. Kiasu-girl never loses (Omg, the pun here is so bad).

So the verdict?

(Pure happiness :->)


Which leads me to this question by General Tan, "Why do you always like to wear high heels? It s not good for your spine (I think) and your feet always hurts."

And the remark from Bro Eddie, "It is not like you look that much taller in heels."

I am perfectly aware of both statements, okay! Both of you dinosaurs did not really have to tell me in such a direct manner ;-P

Well, it is not about the addition in height, to be honest. After all, I am really well aware and have accepted (since long ago) that the few additonal inches don't really add much to my overall height. Really, really. *bites lips bitterly*

Wearing heels makes me feel happy and glad. When my heels complement my outfit perfectly, it gives me a brighter start of the day! Heels make me walk slower and in a more composed manner while making me more aware of my posture. The millions of styles out there excites my senses, literally. It is itself a harmless, interesting topic for girly talks with your girlfriends. Just like how BIG sunglasses give you a tinge of celebrity-feel, heels shed some kinda glamorous-feel!
All in all, what is wrong with doing a bit of a *torturous, daredevil* (they do not really hurt that much) dress-up as long as it makes you happy. It is the little things in life that gives you happiness after all~

Setting that aside and moving onto confession time -

Yes, I do think heels can give even me some lady-like traits or even sexiness (oooohhh....). Please don't tell me my efforts had been in vain, hide it from me, please :-<)

Yes, I do want to stop the edges of my long jeans from dragging dust, leaves and shit from the ground.

Yes, part of me really wants to look taller. Feel taller. Be taller.

I have always believed my height issue to be like a flower bud, still waiting to bloom. But with Aunty Lo approaching 22 years old now, even my 5 ft 1 in. Mum's "Can still grow one" have become "Die la, you look like me" and ultimately to "Look like me not good meh!?"

Well, I am seriously okay with being short. After all, it is not the end of the world. That was my honest thought at maybe, 5 years ago?

But when your younger female cousins and sister start growing up and tall like it is some kinda kiasu competition, it is not funny anymore.

My 18 y.o. sister is 165 cm, 17 y.o. cousin is 160+ cm, 16 y.o. cousin is 168 cm, 14 y.o. cousin is 162 cm, another 14 y.o. cousin is 160+ cm, 9 y.o. cousin has reached my shoulder level and fnally, 8 y.o. cousin is chasing up to my shoulder level as well.

So instead of Snow White and the seven dwarves, it is Snow White and the seven Giants. And I am not even snow white!!! Coal Black and the seven Giants. How cruel. How very cruel you are, Choo. Don't tell me 'Coal Black' did not even come up in your mind when you reached this paragraph!! I know too well!

Maybe it is to console me or in a bid to make try to force me to grow, General Tan brought me out for a very nice dinner the other night. Trotted down to Docklands all the way from Clayton, in HEELS :-P We went to this western place called Steakhouse which was not too bad. And following the tradition of General Tan, we overshot by one tram station again :-)

Entree of Prawn and Clam with Wasabi dressing.

Lightly salted pan-seared Salmon steak on a bed of mashed potatoes.

Huge chunk of MSA steak with Red Wine sauce on a potato-thing - suitable for a General's carnivorous appetite *roar*!

And followed up by a very sinful and expresso-ful tiramisu as dessert.

But of course, I still failed to grow by the end of that meal :-( So General Tan's money went down to the sea. So, since this flower bud won't bloom *wails* . . .


General Tan bought me some very nice blooms instead :-) *kyaaa*

Who cares if I am short. After all, I don't think it matters. Steve, Choo and everyone else fell for my charm and beauty, not my height. *nods in agreement to myself*

So, all confident and in HEELS (not reinforcing my thoughts on height but I was happy!), I strutted out to see this rite opposite my house.


OMG McDonalds right outside my house! 24-hours no joke! So convenient and near!

Maybe I am really going to 'bloom'. . . 'bloom' wide and round. .



(The omen on my kitchen counter. . . still love it tho *kyaa*)



0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?