Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Graduation flowers

Here I am thinking of what flowers to get WenJi for her graduation, which is today(!). Time flies!

So here I am online looking at the different meanings different flowers stand for, hoping to find something that matches the aspirations of WenJi which is to become an 'iron lady'.

The theme is somewhere along. . .


"VICTORY"

"SUCCESS"

And the candidates are . . .


PALM LEAVES!

Palm leaves - Victory, Success

Seriously I don't mind this choice at all. Economic (can just pluck it anywhere or go into the mini-jungle near campus centre to pick some up from the ground). Outstanding (what other flowers can be BIGGER and WIDER and LEAFIER than this). Score: 5/5


YELLOW POPPY!

Yellow Poppy - Wealth, Success

This looks cute for a potted plant as it seems too small and un-exaggerated. I could probably hand her this in a pot but seeing how all the potted plants *flourished* under WenJi's care. I think better not. But then again it signifies 'wealth' which is on top of WenJi's wishlist. And it is yellow! Very 'wong' wor! Score: 3/5.



ALSTROEMERIA!

Alstroemeria - Wealth, Prosperity, Fortune

I must admit that I am still learning how to pronounce this but damn it, the meanings all fit into WenJi's aspirations, characteristic and very Chinese-New-Year personality so perfectly! Wealth, Prosperity, Fortune! 'Choi, Fuk. . whatever, Gong Hei Fatt Choi!' This is made for WenJi, I think. Colour? Must be red rite? It is Chinese New Year after all.. . tradition, tradition *nods*. Score: 5/5

GARLIC!

Garlic - Courage, Strength

Very convenient indeed. I have 3 biji at home, whatmore, they have sprouted! Symbolizes a new life - start of a new journey! But actually it means Wild Garlic flower which is really beautiful. So depends on whether WenJi brought me anything delicious from the city. . . Garlic Score: 5/5. Garlic Flower Score: 4/5.


GLADIOLUS!
Gladiolus - Strength of character, Give me a break, Really sincere, Flower of the gladitors

She is an Iron Lady in the making. Super-human strength especially in the arms. A day for celebration of both her education achievement and inhumane strength. Score: 3/5



TIGER LILY

Tiger Lily - Wealth, Pride

*wink* More on the wealth bit. A little on the pride bit. Oh, the occupants of Marshall. But with the hyo-like spots on the flower, it shows a bit of feline wildness - Felicia-ism *winkx100*. Score: 3/5 (Hyo = leopard)

DAYLILY!

Day Lily - Coquetry, Chinese emblem for mother

I think I have found the ultimate one. It depicts everything I wanna convey. *cries tears of joy* Score:10/5.

Or what is your suggestion?

***********************************************

After looking at the list of meanings, I definitely wanna receive these flowers from now on!

Calla - Magnificent Beauty (For obvious reasons, want pictorial proof?)



Peach Blossom - I am your captive (Oh no, the Happy New Year joke came back to me).




Pink Rose - Grace, Perfect Happiness, Thankfulness, Please believe me (Okay!)


Variegated Tulip - Beautiful eyes (Aww... this will be so sweet. I will throw away my mascara)

Red Rose - Love, Respect, I love you (I guess the traditional always speaks most :->)

Anyway, I just dedicated half a page of this post to just one person.

. . . . . . .

I doubt he even realizes the meaning implied in that! *Ceh*

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?