Friday, April 3, 2009

We are alright now

I had a girly chat (Daniel was there as well in case anyone is curious) with some friends last night. Some known since my first stay here and some met only last year.

I love long nights of sitting around with hot tea or chocolate where everyone does nothing but talk, talk and talk then laugh, laugh and laugh.

Last night was particularly interesting and girlish (Daniel was there as well in case anyone is still curious) - make up for the first time, cringe-worthy fashion sense, teenage-reaction towards boys. The most glorious moments in our lives :-)

The conclusion was: Everyone has grown up in their own way and am happy with the way they are.

Ironic as this was usually the last thing you would have expected while you were sulking or rebelling or still lost as a teenager.

Starting college, there was this girl who used to match baby T-shirts with long flowy skirts and sports shoes without forgetting her backpack while I wore high-waisted shorts (high waist wasn't really a trend back then) with . . . whatever.

Alone, there is this girl who experiments with eye make-up until it seemed like she got a heavy punch to her eyes while my turquoise-up-to-my-eyebrow eyeshadow story prevails.

In high school, there was this girl who despises boys just to hide her own excitement and curiosity towards them while I gets stunned, ponder for 5 seconds (for what seems like eternity to me usually) before answering ". . . Really ah?" everytime I try to answer something in a cool way.

When complimented, there was this girl who used to ponder whether to smile or to answer "Er, you also not bad what. . " while I get stunned, ponder for 5 seconds (for what seems like eternity to me usually) before answering ". . . Really ah?" everytime I try to answer in a cool way.

In terms of girlfriends, there was this girl whose best friends were all the 'flowers of the school' and were really popular making her feel awkward while my primary school friends all got upgraded to 'hot property' upon entering high school and in an unfair twist, I became a hermit and shut myself out.

Appearance-wise, there was this girl who used to think she was the most gorgeous female on the streets eventhough in fact she was dressed like a Christmas Tree while I insisted on my no sleeveless or short pants principle.

In high school, there was this guy who fell in love and lost his confidence and courage because of love during high school while I has no confidence and zero courage for love and fell in love after that in high school.

After about 2 hours of talking - with the topics flowing endlessly - we all heaved a sigh and smiled a bit with eyes casted towards the carpeted floor.

We are alright now, aren't we?

The night ended with everyone getting to their cars, thousands of goodbyes and plans to watch the Shinjuku Incident together the following night. And I couldn't ask for more.

0 Hikari*fications!:

Post a Comment

Got Hikari*-fied?